Sunday, March 6, 2016

Manicure Monday: Nail Art Using China Glaze Electric Nights Collection and Uber Chic Stamping Plates

*All Purchased by Me*

Happy Manicure Monday! I have some nail art for you today! I had created this mani back in the summer, and decided that I wanted to re-create it. Here are the materials that I had to gather, before I began: 


In order to begin this mani, I started with two coats of a plain white creme polish. My white of choice was Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Tag, Ur It!' This was released in Summer 2015, and it is one of my favorite whites-- It is opaque in two coats, and it dries quickly! 


After applying two coats of white, I topped it with one coat of quick-dry top coat, and let it dry for about 15 minutes. Then, I did a gradient with three colors from the China Glaze Summer 2015 Electric Nights Collection: Red-y to Rave, Home Sweet House Music, and Daisy Know My Name?. The Electric Nights collection is one of my favorites from China Glaze, and each color is bright, neon, and gorgeous. I only needed two passes of the cosmetic sponge over each nail for my desired opacity for this gradient! After clean up, I sealed and smoothed the gradient with another layer of top coat.


Next, I chose an image from an Uber Chic stamping plate, and stamped it with my favorite double-sided stamper from Bundle Monster. The plate that I chose was plate 1-01; I stamped using black Konad polish. I then sealed in the design with a final layer of glossy top coat. Here is the finished product!


And a macro! 


I absolutely love the contrast between the neons and the black stamping, and am so happy with how these came out! 

So,are you a neon person? Do you like gradients? Let me know below! 

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you next time! 
♥ Megan

30 comments:

  1. Great mani! China Glaze has the best neons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I did a neon gradient this weekend as well. I am craving some brights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Solid neon nails are a bit much for me, but I LOVE them in nail art like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gradient is BEYOND perfect! I love the brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gradients and neons and this is a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gradient and your stamping over it is whimsical and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love this image from the plate!

      Delete
  7. I also really enjoyed the Electric Nights collection. It was a lot of fun and I so wish I had been able to get a hold of Red-y To Rave. I want it so bad. I really love the look of black stamped over a neon gradient. It's so niffty. :-) Fabulous job. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. This is one of my all time favorite collections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And same! I think that it's one of the only collections that I've purchased every single color at the same time.

      Delete
  9. Oh that gradient is perfect, and the stamping over it is even better!! I love nail art, and as bloggers we don't have a lot of time to incorporate nail art with our posts sometimes. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree with not being able to incorporate nail art sometimes. Another reason why I love YOUR new 3-step tutorials! You kind of inspired this post, to be honest ;)

      Delete
  10. Flawless gradient!! Love the whole mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and I have this collection just love hoe bright they are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable mani! I'm with you, the contrast is amazing!

    ReplyDelete