Friday, July 1, 2016

Lovely Layering: Featuring Essie and KBShimmer

Lovely Layering: Featuring Essie and KBShimmer 

*Purchased by Me*

Hey, hey, it's officially July!! Today, I'm sharing a combo with you that I am super in love with! I recently purchased a couple of new Essies, and I had to play with at least one of them immediately. Let's take a look! 

 

Essie Berried Treasures





Collection: Summer 2016 Viva Antigua! Collection
Color/Finish: Described on the Essie website as a bright ruby berry. Berried Treasures is a creme finish! 
Formula/Application: The formula on Berried Treasures was absolutely divine! I have been extremely impressed by Essie's formulas for the past several collections, and this was no exception. It applied smoothly and evenly, and was opaque in just two coats. It dried very glossy; shown in the above pictures are two coats with NO topcoat. 
Rating:♥♥♥♥♥ 5 hearts! The formula on Berried Treasures is so smooth and easy to apply, and isn't too thick or thin. The color is absolutely perfect for the summer (or any time of the year, for that matter). I can't wait to use this as the base for some nail art, as well! 
Availability: Berried Treasures is currently available in drug stores and beauty stores; the price per bottle is $8.50, plus tax. You can also pick it up on Essie's website, right here

 

Time for Some Layering!! 

After applying Berried Treasures, I thought to myself, "Hey, how would this look with some HOLO?!?" So, I went for it! I used KBShimmer's Prism Break, which is one of my favorite linear holo topcoats. For these pictures, I used one thick coat of Prism Break, and topped that with one coat of glossy top coat. 






Gahhhh, would you just look at that holo flame? Gorgeous!! 

And a before and after shot! 

 

You can pick up KBShimmer's Prism Break on their website; the price is 9.25 for a 15 mL bottle; you can find it right here!  

Please be sure to check out Essie and KBShimmer on social media! 

Essie


Website      Instagram       Facebook       Facebook Fan Group 

KBShimmer


Website       Instagram       Facebook       Facebook Fan Group 

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'll see you next time! 
♥ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment