Friday, June 3, 2016

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Swatch Spam!

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Swatch Spam! 

*Purchased by me*
*Sent by Maker*

Welcome to yet another Friday! I hope that you had a wonderful week! It's officially June, which means that my birthday is exactly one month from tomorrow; yayyy, 24!! 

Today, I have some swatch spam to share with you! These polishes are all from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics, and they are all so beautiful that I didn't want to wait to share each one in a separate post! Two of these polishes I purchased on my own, and two were sent to me by the amazingly sweet Emily. I'll let you know which ones are which! You ready for lots of pictures? Sure you are! Here we goooo!! 

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Who Put the Sticks Up Their Butts?

Who Put the Sticks Up Their Butts? is one of the polishes that I purchased, and I'm not entirely sure if I bought it for the color, the name, or for a combination of both! This is a light green base with shifty flakies and holo. It was a part of the Inspiration Collection, in which each polish was inspired by a member of the nail community, with whom Emily is close! This polish in particular was inspired by a lovely woman named Cate. 

Who Put the Sticks Up Their Butts? was smooth and easy to apply; the first coat was a bit thin (which is common with crelly finishes), but it was easily buildable, and full opacity was reached in three thin coats. As with my other polishes from CNC, dry time was about 1-2 minutes, and it dried incredibly shiny. Shown in my pictures are three coats plus one layer of glossy top coat, taken under a daylight bulb. 




Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Debogram

This next polish is one of the ones that Emily was kind enough to gift to me, and it is named Debogram. Debogram is a shifty, glittery, light purple holographic polish, with extra glitters dispersed throughout. It originally began as a custom polish created by Nichole of Bedlam Beauty, and was then released for sale to the public. 




The formula on Debogram was a bit thin, but was easily buildable. I used four coats to reach my desired opacity, but it did not feel like a chore at all; dry time was quick, so it was nice and easy to work with. Debogram dried extremely shiny, but I added glossy top coat to my swatch, which was taken under a daylight bulb! 





Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Midnight Mayhem

The third color that I have to share to you is another that Emily gifted to me, and it is named Midnight Mayhem. Midnight Mayhem is an inky purple with larger holographic glitters, and it is BEAUTIFUL (and yes, I am a #PurplePolishFreak !)




As stated with the previous colors, the formula on Midnight Mayhem was smooth and easy to apply and control. While it was pretty opaque in two coats, I opted for three, as I like for there to be no visible nail line when I polish. Dry time was wonderful, about 1-2 minutes, and it dried glossy. Shown in my pictures are three coats plus one layer of glossy top coat, under a daylight bulb.




 

Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Indi-Go Get Your Birthday On! 

The fourth and final color that I have to share with you (which is one of the colors that I purchased on my own) is a polish that Emily created in celebration of her birthday, and it is named Indi-Go Get Your Birthday On! This is a group custom that was created for the Facebook fan group, and it is an indigo with a strong holo; it was actually inspired by the color of Emily's hair! 



 Indi-Go Get Your Birthday On! was super smooth and opaque, and was SO CLOSE to being a one-coater! As stated above, though, I like to ensure that my swatches are fully opaque; therefore, I used two coats here. Dry time was about 1-2 minutes, and it dried glossy; however, my swatch is shown with glossy top coat, under a daylight bulb. I did not have any staining problems with this pigmented indigo, and I had it on for about one hour while swatching.





If you've been around here for a bit, you know that I am an ever-growing fan of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics! I appreciate Emily's gifts, more than she will ever know! I hope that you were able to find a color from these four that you like!



As with all of Emily's polishes, these colors are available in 6 mL, 12 mL, and 15 mL sizes, with prices ranging from $5.00 to $12.00, depending on the size and the specific polish.

  Please be sure to check out Carpe Noctem Cosmetics on social media! 
Carpe Noctem Cosmetics shop: https://carpe-noctem-cosmetics.myshopify.com/
Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carpe_noctem_cosmetics/
Seize the Night- Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Fan Page! (Facebook fan group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarpeNoctemFans/ 
Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you next time! 
♥ Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment