Friday, February 26, 2016

Lovely Layering: China Glaze Red-y to Rave and KBShimmer Prism Break

*Purchased by Me*
**Warning: Pic Heavy!**

Happy Friday!! Congrats on getting through another week! 
For this mani, I decided to play with some polishes that I already had in my collection. I have been coveting and searching for the perfect coral holo, and then I thought: "Hey, why don't I just try to make my own, out of what I have already?" Spoiler alert- I LOVE the results of what I layered!

To start, I pulled out China Glaze Red-y to Rave, a neon red-orange creme from their Summer 2015 Electric Nights collection. I was absolutely in love with this entire collection, and Red-y to Rave is no exception! The formula on this seemed a tad bit thin at first, but it was not overly watery or runny. I was able to get it mostly opaque in two coats; however, if I was wearing it by itself, I would most likely use three coats. 




Next, I opted for one of my favorite holo top coats: KBShimmer Prism Break. I love using Prism Break in either one coat, for a subtle holo, or two coats, for a stronger effect. Using two coats does gray out a base color a bit, but that is usually the norm with holo topcoats! 



 
I love both of these polishes by themselves, but when put together, they make the perfect coral holo! I am so happy with how this combo came out. 



I definitely see myself repeating this combo! It is bright, spring-y, and summery! I also really need to start playing around with my collection more, to see which polishes look amazing together.

What are some of your favorite layering combos? Let me know in the comments! 

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you next time!
♥ Megan

21 comments:

  1. As a coral lover I adore everything about this mani! Definitely need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is possibly the most awesome fairy-dust-like topcoat I've ever seen. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! More Red-Y to Rave. I finally located a bottle and can't wait to get it. I really love it with the fairy dust. Beautiful job. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect combination for summery nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to repeating the combo, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I love using holo topcoats to add that something extra to a plain color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect combo! It's so beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. China Glaze makes the best summer polishes!

    ReplyDelete