Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Humpday Nail Art with Ever After Polish and WhatsUp Nail Vinyls!

Humpday Nail Art with Ever After Polish and WhatsUp Nail Vinyls! 

*Purchased by Me*

Happy Humpday!! I am officially in my last week of classes for the summer, before finals week; I'm happy to be wining down a bit, and may be a bit too excited to get a week off and to myself...woo-hoo! 

Today, I am sharing a mani that I am SO EXCITED about; it's my most successful attempt yet at using nail vinyls! I recently made a purchase from WhatsUp Nails, when they had their 40% off back-to-school sale, and picked up some adorable butterfly vinyls; I knew right away that I had to give them a shot. 

For this manicure, I began with two coats of Sally Hansen Tag, Ur It! on my pinky and ring fingers; I let that dry fully, and applied quick-dry top coat. On my thumbs, middle, and index fingers, I applied two coats of Ever After Polish Veg Fest, another color that I have recently purchased. Veg Fest was a color that Rachel had created for an event named Veg Fest in Pittsburgh, and it can be best described as a green-toned teal microglitter and pink shimmer. It was fully opaque in two coats, and dried quickly; my pictures show it with topcoat. Veg Fest is no longer currently available, but there is another event custom that is in stock in Rachel's shop!

When the topcoat on my white base was fully dry, I applied my butterfly nail vinyls. These vinyls peeled off easily, and I did not have any trouble with having the inner designs to peel off. After positioning them, I took a cosmetic sponge and sponged on Veg Fest; I did three passes of the sponge over the vinyl, in order to reach the opacity that I wanted. After it dried, I applied another layer of top coat, and was all finished! I am so excited with how these came out, and I can't wait to play with some more designs and techniques! 





Please be sure to check out Ever After on social media! 

Shop        Instagram          Facebook          Facebook Fan Group

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'll see you next time! 
♥ Megan

9 comments: