Friday, September 9, 2016

Lovely Layering featuring Julie G and Colors by Llarowe

Lovely Layering featuring Julie G and Colors by Llarowe

*Purchased by Me*

Happy Friday! As you can see, I have a layering post for you today! I recently picked up a couple of polishes from Colors by Llarowe (my first from her!) when she refilled the clearance section on her site; there were two beautiful flakie toppers that caught my eye, and I snatched them right up! I am sharing one of these with you today. 

For the base of this layering combo, I chose to use Julie G Cabana Boy. Cabana Boy is said to be a dupe for the now discontinued original formula Sally Hansen Pacific Blue; I have both, and it is a pretty close match! Julie G Cabana Boy is a cornflower blue creme, and it applies smoothly and evenly, and dries glossy. I was able to get it opaque in two easy coats. You can find Julie G polishes online on the Jesse's Girl website, or in Rite Aid stores; they are super affordable, and usually cost $3.99 for a 10 mL bottle. 


After my two coats of Cabana Boy dried, I applied one layer of Colors by Llarowe (CBL) Jackie. Jackie is described as a clear based blue to green flake. The formula on Jackie was very smooth and easy to apply, and required absolutely no fishing for the high density payoff of flakies that I received. All of the flakes laid flat, and it dried smoothly and quickly. Shown is with an additional layer of glossy top coat! CBL Jackie is still available on the Colors by Llarowe website, and it is on sale for $5.00 for a 12 mL bottle.


I will most certainly be keeping an eye on upcoming CBL polishes, and hope to soon be able to try out some of her holos; they look divine! 

Please be sure to check out Colors by Llarowe on social media! 

Shop       Instagram       Facebook       Facebook Fan Group

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I'll see you next time! 
♥ Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment